Monday, April 30, 2012

Finally

Good news!  We had our court date today, and the hubs got his original charge dropped.  They lowered the charge to summary harassment, which is awesome because it's the lowest offense you can have.  We still have a pretty big fee to pay, but that's ok.

The judge asked the District Attorney if the change in the charges was approved by the "victim". The DA responded that their office tried multiple times to contact the "victim", and she neither answered her phone or returned their calls.  The judge commented that he remembers seeing the "victim" on the other (defendant's) side of the bar on several occasions.  So it's ALL OVER!  *sigh*

That's the update.

In other news...

The disaster area.

Just an observation that I made: it is IMPOSSIBLE to get my kids to clean up their room.  They have a million toys but I can't say that they play with anything in particular.  They just pull everything out onto the floor and make a mess.  That's fine, they're kids.


It got me to thinking, I don't think my husband or his brother and sister had this problem when they were kids.  They didn't have a ton of toys to play with.  They made kites out of plastic bags and sticks. They were outside constantly, and they invented their own games.  By those standards, my kids are spoiled.

I'm scared about the effect that this typical American lifestyle will have on them.  They're so overstimulated by plastic contraptions that take a constant supply of batteries and make incessant noises, how can they focus on a single thing that will stimulate their creativity and imagination?  My kids are smart, but am I maximizing their potential?




1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for liking my page on FB. I'm glad we connected and I found your blog. I just read about everything you guys have been through.... What a roller coaster ride. I'm so happy to hear the charge was dropped to something less drastic and that nightmare is over. You former landlord/neighbor sounds a tad bit PSYCHO! Your little ones are adorable. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete